Monday 10 August 2009

Dragonball Z Mini Flash Game

I haven't posted my work as much as I should be, you could say I'm not the "blogger type" but I will try and make much more of an effort.


So here is something I did just today, I wanted to get something up and just put my game development knowledge into practise with something I'm very familiar with, Flash. I programmed in AS3 and did minimal artwork to save myself time. I will however go back and improve the overall artwork and animation of the main character. I also wanted to put a cut-scene at the beginning to give a reason to why he is blasting rocks in the air using his "qi" (a term used to explain a persons life force energy, some people may know this as "chi"). Anyway, I wanted to use an existing concept so that people that play this would be able to understand the premise of the game and/or charcter, so if you're an anime fan you would recognise this as Dragonball Z. As this game is just for practise and demo purposes I didn't seem the harm in using someone elses concept.


Sprites provided by http://sdb.drshnaps.com/SpritesSNES.htm

You can play my game by clicking here

Controls:
  • Move: Up, Down, Left, Right
  • Attack: Ctrl

I would appreciate any comments, thanks!

No comments: